Friday 6 February 2009

Stella



These are some pics of the initial model for my character 'Stella'. Stella's character is a transvestite peacock, and from these pics you'll see that his design is very stylised and quite abstract. The visuals are following a minimilistic approach and I'm aiming to keep the style as unique as possible as to avoid comparisons to any other work etc.

The conflict I'm having at the moment is determining whether or not Stella's design is too abstract or not abstract enough? I'll have to round up some fresh eyes to see whether it is obvious that he is a peacock or not.

3 comments:

  1. 你好啊,很高兴认识你啊

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have seen of the design so far it dose look like a peacock but I don’t know if that is just because I knew that before you even started modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh, it's looks like a peacock to me, but i've known about it from the start before you started modelling it. feels like it has a snake like personality to it which is good and like the unbalanced feel the character has in the 2nd bottom right picture because of the tail part not being symmetrical. :)

    ReplyDelete